Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The Exmoor Federation
“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me” John 10:14
We aim to make a positive and lasting difference to all children, families and the wider community through our secure, caring environment in which children are given equal opportunity to feel valued, have their individual needs met and reach their full potential.
Just as Jesus is a shepherd of the sheep; the one who protects, guides, and nurtures his flock, our schools are committed to knowing, guiding and protecting its pupils, supporting all those who are under our watchful eye.
- We are child-centred. We believe that every child has his or her own strengths. It is our responsibility to help our children discover and develop their abilities and employ them in improving their educational standards and opportunities in life.
- We recognises that children think and learn differently and that intelligence can be expressed in multiple ways. We are inclusive schools and believe in valuing individuals for their talents. We want to instil confidence in our pupils and engender an appetite for learning. We build confidence and excitement about learning while learning while developing each pupil's unique abilities.
- We provide the broadest curriculum possible to create opportunities for pupils to demonstrate their unique intelligence; whether reading, writing, drawing, leading people, problem solving, understanding their environment and nature. We provide a safe and secure environment in which all individuals are are respected and valued.
- We work closely with Exmoor National Park Authority to provide opportunities to learn outdoors.
- At all stages of the curriculum we use the environment of Exmoor to support the teaching. Our surroundings offer a great educational resource and we take every opportunity to use them to give the children of Exmoor the best educational experience possible.
On the basis that happy pupils learn best we try to make school too good to miss!
'Making a positive and lasting difference to children'
We encourage and inspire children to be the best that they can be by making a positive and lasting difference to their lives. Through high expectations and unique and creative opportunities we will enrich and promote lifelong learning in a happy, nurturing and safe environment.
- Thrive in a safe, caring and happy learning environment.
Enjoy and Achieve
- Engage with a stimulating and challenging curriculum which fulfils their capacity to learn.
- Work in partnership with parents and the community so that all children fulfil their potential.
- Learn to work independently, think creatively and grow in self-confidence.
- Make informed choices about being healthy and staying safe.
Make a Positive Contribution
- Treat each other with fairness and respect.
- They are valued and have an active role as members of a successful school community.
- Develop good self-control and have consideration for others and the environment.
Achieve Economic Well-being
- Develop effective key skills and social skills to become good citizens, equipped to cope with change and life in the twenty-first century.